RSS

January 23, 2013

23 Jan

So, for DAYS and MANY HOURS of trying to get file converters, other programs to import into, and all kindsa other crapola, I finally got the animations to import.

Just plain using the .BVH/Maya plugin, but changing the name of the mPelvis joint on the model to ‘hip’.

That’s it. Srsly.

I’m a bit annoyed though because it’s a counterintuitive thing to do, renaming your joint heirarchy. If I did that and tried to upload the skeleton, it would fail because the skeleton has to be named in a very specific way. But whatevs. It works. Learned a lot. I can stop ripping my hair out now and proceed to make tons of animations.

Still, I’d love it if Maya .anim files would be useable, given their flexibility… perhaps someday someone will make a converter.

Advertisements
 
Leave a comment

Posted by on January 23, 2013 in Work Log

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: